Maxi dresses and skirts are back! It’s time to take out your Maxi dresses/skirts and look great in a casual, chic, comfortable dress. A maxi dress/skirt is a long dress that comes down to your ankles. It is usually sleeveless, and has bright colorful fabric. Today’s designers rely on cotton and other fine fabrics, which keep the dress feeling cool and breezy. There are many different patterns and colors available, from basic solid colors to bright floral patterns.
I love combining and getting creative with my wardrobe. This alone makes maxi dresses and skirts my favorite pieces to wear this season. They are really easy to experiment with, to add layers over and add layers under, making it the perfect piece of outfit. Here are some of my favorite ways to style Maxi dresses and Maxi skirts.
How to wear maxi dresses/skirts:
- Maxi skirt matched with a denim jacket– This creates a classic style and at the same time casual.
- Maxi skirt with a denim shirt – A gorgeous spring/summer denim shirt tucked into the maxi skirt and a belt over your waste is a great combination. If you don’t have a denim shirt lying around, you can always combine this with any shirt that you have.
- Maxi skirt with a long sleeve top – If the weather is like what it is in spring, days might get really warm and a bit cold. If you’re not planning on wearing a jacket, you can always wear a long sleeve top tucked into your maxi skirt or you can layer it over your skirt.
- Maxi dress/skirt with a blazer – This is a classy look. You can tuck a loose top or just a top in the skirt and combine it with a belt or just a blazer over your Maxi dress.
- Maxi dress with sandals/heels – Depending on your preference and on the look you’re going for, maxi dresses/skirts look gorgeous both with flats and wedges, high heel shoes and platform sandals.
Don’t forget to accessories! Accessories really spice up your outfit. Wear large rings, bracelets, bangles, cuffs, necklaces and just anything that looks chic and the best a gorgeous looking lipstick. A Maxi dress and skirt is something that I’ve always absolutely loved, and I’m really happy to hear that it’s a spring/summer 2014 trend! Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and patterns. I said before and I’m going to say it again… don’t forget to accessories!