I went out shopping today to look for a new purse. I kept looking at the bigger purses, a big enough size so that everything I want can fit perfectly. Once I got home, it got me thinking.. What are some things every woman needs in her purse? What can’t you leave the house without? Aside from wallet, phone, car/house keys (obviously), there are many other things women should keep in their purse. I’ve come up with a top 10 list of things that every woman should keep in her purse to save herself from “Excuse me, do you have…?” conversation...
- Breath mints – If you’ve been out all day and had lunch or if you’re a smoker, you should always carry breath mints with you. There’s nothing worse than someone with bad breath. Yes, there’s chewing gum, but we all prefer a mint rather than chewing on a gum.
- Packet Kleenex tissues – We all fear going to a public toilet and seeing that they’re out of toilet paper. Having a packet of tissues in your purse is always a great idea. You sometimes might need to wipe something off you or anything else. This is something you must have in your purse.
- Compact mirror – This has saved my life after having lunch and seeing that there’s food stuck between my teeth. Or when you just want to touch up your makeup or see if your makeup is smudged, a compact mirror is the best solution.
- Mini perfume or Rollerball – Hot summer days are coming. It’s a good idea to take a mini perfume or Rollerball in your purse.
- Band-aids – Whenever you’re thinking of going out the whole day make sure you get a couple of band-aids just in case your shoes, stilettos or heels start cutting into your leg or giving you blisters.
- Hair tie/Bobby pins – Just in case you want to pull your hair back after a long day or it might just be a hot and sweaty day, take hair ties and bobby pins in your purse. Then again, your hair plastered to your forehead isn’t a pretty look.
- Tampons/Pads/Panty Liners – This is definitely a must! Sometimes we don’t get our period on the exact day that we expect. Aunt Flo can surprise you with a visit and this way you’ll be prepared.
- Lipstick/Lip gloss – Even if you haven’t concentrated a lot on your makeup, it only takes you 15 seconds to apply lipstick or lip gloss. With a little lip touch, it will have you glowing!
- Hand sanitizer – Women that are always out or are interacting with people at work know it’s important to keep a hand sanitizer in their purse. It is best to keep in your purse and apply after using the bathroom, public transport or even shaking hands with a client or customer.
- Medication – Any medication that you think is needed or that might come in handy in case of an emergency should be in your purse. It’s better to have it in your purse than looking for a pharmacist that’s opened.
Women that are always on the go and spend most of the day outside of home know that they always have to prepared and have their purses organized with everything they need. I would love to know what you think that the 10 things every woman should have in their purse. Please feel free to give us a shout on Facebook, Facebook Page or Twitter with your thoughts.