Summer, my absolute favorite season is officially here! Hair gets lighter. Skin gets darker. Water gets warmer. The drinks get colder. The music gets louder. The nights get longer. I crave the smell of the warm sea breeze, the sound of the crashing waves and the soft sand, squishing in between my toes. When it comes to beauty and makeup in the summer, there are a couple of simple rules that you need to follow. Here are some summer beauty DOs and DON’Ts!
- ✔ DO wear sunscreen to protect your skin. Your mom said it first: Wear sunscreen! Hot or cold, rain or shine, sunscreen is an everyday must! Not only will sunscreen protect against sun damage, you’ll also get a gorgeous glow to your skin.
- ✘ DON’T forget that you always need to apply sunscreen (and wait 15-20 minutes) before applying moisturizer or any other skin treatments.
- ✔ DO use a light color lipbalm or lipgloss to brighten up your face rather than a dark lipstick that you would usually wear in the previous seasons.
- ✘ DON’T wear heavy eyeshadows, eyeliner or mascara. Simply use an eyelash curler that will naturally curl your lashes that last all day!
- ✔ DO go for a swim in the pool or ocean on a hot summer day, but remember to rinse your hair off at the public showers and brush out with a detangling brush.
- ✘ DON’T forget to hydrate. Always have a bottle of water with you everywhere you go. As you’re all aware, water is the number one beauty secret to keep your skin and hair healthy.
- ✔ DO eat healthy foods that are rich in vitamins. Or you can always blend your favorite vegetables and fruits together for a yum smoothie!
- ✘ DON’T skip your weekly workouts. Even though you're up and about during the summer, try and get some aerobic exercise. Circulation is great for your skin and will give you a healthy, gorgeous glow!
- ✔ DO get a pedicure. You’ll be wearing a lot of sandals and opened toe shoes where a pedicure will look absolutely gorgeous!
- ✘ DON’T forget to enjoy the season!!
★ Similar blogs: