Who doesn't want healthy fast growing and strong nails?
Nails are made of the protein called keratin. We all know that fingernails grow faster than toenails, although the growth is still very slow. On average, fingernails grow about one-tench of an inch each month.
Here are some ways to make your nails grow faster, stronger and shinier!
- Your nails are made of protein. It is very important that you have a proper intake of protein such as eggs, meat and beans.
- To promote growth, it is essential to keep your nails well moisturized. Olive oil is the best when it comes to nail care. Before going to bed, apply warm olive oil to your nails and cuticles and massage gently for 5 minutes. You can also soak your nails in warm olive oil for 15 to 30 minutes once daily to promote nail growth.
- Coconut oil works really well for healthy nail growth. It contains nutrients to keep your nails moisturized and strong. It also strengthens your cuticles, which is important in nail growth. Massage your nails and hands with warm extra-virgin coconut oil daily at night, before going to bed. Massage in circular motions to improve blood circulation.
- Lemons contain vitamin C that is essential for nail growth. It also really helps treat the yellow nails and gives your gorgeous nails a nice shine! Prepare a nail soak with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Slightly heat the mixture and soak your nails in it for 10 minutes. Follow this remedy every day.
- Using herbs is a smart way to improve your nail growth and horsetail is great! This herb is good in minerals, silica and calcium which helps improve the nail health. Prepare some cups of boiling water and boil a teaspoon of dried horsetail. Cover and steep it for 10-15 minutes. Strain and let it cool naturally. Once it's nice and cool, soak your nails in the mixture for about 20 minutes.
We hope that you have learned some useful ways to make your nails develop fast and effectively.