It seems pretty simple washing your face, right? We've all been doing it our whole life so what's the big deal? The issue is that you can cause more harm than good if you don't do it right.
1. Pick the right cleanser: It's important to pick the right cleanser depending on your skin type. We recommend a foam or gel cleanser for oily skin and a creamier cleanser for dry skin.
2. Wash your washcloth: If you are using a washcloth, make sure it's clean. Washcloths can redeposit dirt and grime right back to your skin.
3. Don't over-exfoliate: A lot of people go at their skin with a bit too much with scrubs and exfoliates. We recommend that you be more gentle with your face. You also want to avoid using harsh grains and use a gentle scrub or exfoliate so you don't cause damage to the skin.
4. Get rid of your cleanser completely: Make sure to cleanse your face completely. When washing your face, make sure to rinse any cleanser off completely. Residue can lead to dryness.
5. Twice a day, no exceptions: Most people don't wash their face enough. We recommend that you wash your face twice a day. Once in the morning when you wake up to remove the dirt and bacteria that gathers on your face while you're sleeping and then again at night.