Winter months are upon us and that means much more colder days are to come. We want to share some to protect your hair from the damage that the winter elements can cause. Here are five tips that will help you maintain healthy, beautiful hair this season.
1. A simple way to keep your hair covered from the wind, rain and snow is to wear a hat. If you fear the dreaded hat hair, the best way to avoid this is to wrap your hair in a silk scarf before putting on your wool beanie. Another great way is to use a good heat styling product which can be used on dry hair before using a curling or flat iron.
2. Keep washing your hair to a minimum. We recommend two or three times a week. What this does is, it will prevent your hair from drying out too much. And always make sure to dry your hair before leaving the house. Not only will you catch a cold, but the moisture in your hair combined with the cold air, will add further damaged to your hair by making it more brittle and dry.
3. Regular trips to the hair dressers to get a regular trip is a great way to keep your hair in good health during the cold months.
4. A hair conditioner is a must to keep your locks healthy. Apply a suitable conditioner each time you wash your hair, focusing only on the strand of hair, avoiding the scalp. We promise you a gorgeous shine to your hair and this also prevents it from breakage.
5. If you use styling tools, then you must always use a good quality, nourishing heat defense spray or leave-in conditioner to protect your hair and keep it looking glossy and hydrated.